Happy Birthday Lyric!
Lyric and I decided to start a new tradition of doing an interview every year on the girls' birthdays.
Lyric's thoughts on her 8th birthday:
- How does it feel to be 8? It feels good. It doesn't really feel much different. It feels a little bit different because I am one step closer to being a teen, but it doesn't really feel much different. Except this is the one day of the year when I get cake and presents all for me:-)
- How do you think you are different from a year ago? I might say, I'm a little bit more maturer or mature or maturer- whatever. I wouldn't say that I am that different from a year ago. I am probably taller, but I'm not that much different from a year ago.
- What do you think is the most important thing you have learned in your life so far? Probably even if you say you are never gonna love someone again the next day or later that day you do love them. So, if you say you hate them or you are never going to love them, you do.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? I love to smile. Even if someone dies I love to smile. Why do you smile if someone dies? I don't know. Sometimes I want to be sad like everyone else, but I just smile. I think it is because I like to be happy. I don't like to be sad.
- What is your favorite color? Lime green. If I had a backup, in case green got outlawed or something like that-- it would be baby blue.
- What is your favorite TV show? Probably... Wizards of Waverly Place-- No, no- Parenthood!
- What is your favorite song? Artist? I like all of them (country) except for Brad Paisley.
- What is your favorite movie? So far, like so far in life? Probably, Sea Monsters.
- If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted , what would you do? Probably, lay in the bed and watch something on Netflix and read a book. Like, one day I will probably try to stay in the bed and read 5 chapter books! [I think this is so funny because she can do these things anytime she wants:-)]
- What do you want to do when you grow up? Um, I want to be a writer and a singer and a professional guitarist, and be a vet and run my own vet clinic.
- Do you think you will ever get married? Of course I will get married! If I never got married I would never have kids. I want six kids and I need someone to help me take care of them.
- How old will you be when you are married? I don't really know because you can't predict that. No one can predict that, maybe you will just have to see because you don't know when you will find the right one. Well maybe 19 or 21? Can you get married younger than that?
- What things make you happy? Marlie, Mommy, Daddy, Story, Cadence, flowers, nature, animals and music
- What things make you sad? When people, like when I see a new hotel being built. If people keep piling stuff on the grass and on nature then we will just see buildings and clutter and no one wants to see that because we won't see nature. Tears also make me sad, on me and other people.
- What is your favorite food? I don't have a favorite food, but my least favorite food is oatmeal and Rice Krispies and that juice daddy made with orange peel
- What is your favorite book? I like all books! RL Stine is my favorite author right now, also, Mary Pope Osborne
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? This house
- If you could change your name, what would it be? Devon
- What is something you would like to do this year? Go volunteer at Give Kids the World
- Anything else you would like to say? No, that's it. Are you sure? We may be reading this in twenty years, you don't want to add anything else? I just want to say if Marlie dies before I am older I loved her... If I die before it is my time, I just want to say I loved everyone. (Which I might die if we continue living here.)