Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shower for Baby Zayden

Today we had a baby shower for Trent and Kristin. It was a lot of fun! They were "showered" with lots of gifts from their friends and family. Frogs is their theme; you would not believe all of the frog things they have for babies! They got frog clothes, a frog hamper, frog toys, frog shoes.... you name it they probably got it with a frog on it! Ashlee and I spent the entire day yesterday working on cakes. Yes, we really did spend the entire day! We started out with breakfast at Cracker Barrel (the girls were at Grammy's-- we just had to). The cake baking started about 9:30am. She had to pick her kiddos up from school at 3:30, so Cadence and I drove her to Liberty Hill to pick them up and back to my house to finish the cakes. She left last night at about 9:30. Everyone loved the cakes! They thought they were so cute! I was most proud of Trent's cake. He has been remodeling their house, so I made a special Daddy to Be cake for him. (Devon made the hat and the toliet... I think he likes working with fondant)The baby cake of Zayden turned out pretty cute, too! The frog cake was pretty cute in the end, but it gave us lots of trouble!!!! We made one frog, but his body was too small for his huge head, so we had to start over. I was working on Trent's cake, so Ashlee did the frog by herself. Devon says if she ever needs to make a monkey cake she now knows how. You be the judge, does it look like a green monkey?
Overall the shower was fun and I think everyone had a great time!

No comments: