Sunday, March 9, 2008

Week in Review

We had a really busy week. We went to Bryan on Wednesday because Cheryl was having a baby. Finley Slade was born on Wednesday afternoon. I have no pictures because I didn't take my camera. The labor wasn't too bad she went to the doctor that morning and he sent her to the hospital; Finley was born around 3:30 that afternoon. No offense against you hospital birthers, but in my book homebirth is the way to go (surprise, surprise). Faith stayed with us Wednesday and Thursday nights. The girls all play really well together. On Friday, I took the girls out shopping, to McDonald's, to Kroger and then to Cheryl and Reiley's. They all were really good and we had no trouble at all. Cheryl and Reiley thought I was crazy for taking the 4 of them out and about, but it wasn't a big deal. I just felt like I had a daycare:-) For example, when we were at McDonald's I said everyone stand with their hands on the wall while I order. They all stood there. Story got off of the wall twice to tell me she gave Faith a kiss. Finley is doing well at home. Cheryl and Reiley aren't getting much sleep, but that's life with a newborn! When we were driving to Cheryl and Reiley's Lyric asked, "Why did Cheryl have her baby in a hospital?" I had to smile because she doesn't yet get that her mama is the "strange" one according to most people.

No comments: