Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

The girls and I visited the pumpkin patch in Marble Falls with our playgroup. We invited The Kessler's to join us. The morning started off kind of iffy because it looked like rain, but the weatherman said it wasn't going to rain until the afternoon, so we took a chance and headed to Marble Falls. When we arrived I needed to pee, so I looked around for a restroom. Ah, yes they have restrooms, but wait it is a Port A Potty. Okay, what will we do... There are no moms here from the playgroup yet and I have three children with me...Can three children fit in a Port A Potty?...Should I lock them in the van?...Can I hold it?...Why did I drink all that water on the way?...
Okay, let's see, "Miss L mommy really has to go potty. Can you stand outside of the potty and watch Baby C while SB and I go in the potty?" Miss L, "Yes."
Okay this is going to work; put Baby C in the stroller, drag three kids across the parking lot, take one in and hope the other two are okay outside... "Miss L, mommy is going in now you stand right here with Baby C." Miss L,"Okay."
While inside.."SB, don't touch anything! Miss L are you okay? SB, I said don't touch anything! Miss L, are you okay? SB, don't touch that! Miss L, we will be out in just a second. Okay? SB, don't open the door yet, mommy has to pull her pants up... Success, mommy used the Port A Potty with three children!
After our potty incident it was time for our tour to start. The Kesslers arrived along with the other people in our group. We started the morning off with a hay ride and going through the maize maze. This really gave me the heebie geebies, I would not want to be lost in there alone!
Next, the kiddos ran a relay race. They had to pull the wagon down to the pumpkins, pick out a pumpkin and run back to the start. The girls both did great! Miss L did it by herself, but our tour guide thought she needed to help SB because she was so little. Shockingly, SB let her help. Everyone then painted their pumpkin. They could have painted a face, but the girls chose to do something more abstract. Next, we fed the goats. Miss L loved this part; SB, not so much!
After we fed the goats we washed up and had some lunch. One of the moms from the playgroup sat with us. Miss L told her how SB likes to pick people's moles and last week she picked Miss L's nipple on her chin. I quickly explained how Miss L meant her pimple on her chin...kids say the craziest things!
When lunch was over we took some pictures with the pumpkins, had ice cream and headed home. We were going to buy a pumpkin, but I just didn't have it in me to lug the three children and a huge pumpkin, so we will be visiting another pumpkin patch with daddy to get our pumpkin for this year.

No comments: