Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

Yesterday we celebrated Easter.  I think it was our first time to celebrate with just the five of us.  Devon thinks we did last year right after we moved, but I don't have any pictures of us celebrating or memories of it, so I don't know if it happened?  I know last year we celebrated with Grammy and Caba and KK right before our move, but I think we skipped the actual day because we were knee deep in boxes.
The girls were very excited to color eggs!  We had one in her princess crown, one in her "Easter" dress, and
 
 one in her pajamas.  You just never know what the attire is going to be around here.  At least the all had their clothes on!
 Daddy joined in on the coloring.
 The little kit we bought had shrinky dinks for the eggs.  They liked watching it sick to the egg as it heated up.

 Lyric dyed most of hers two colors.
 Daddy drew a heart on one of his.

 Let the hunting begin!  I didn't buy baskets because I think it is a waste.  I was going to get the girls sand pails instead, but they already have pails.  We just decided to use plastic bags. 
When we first walked out in the yard we could hear this loud siren noise.  I just ignored it thinking it was an alarm at a business or something, but then Devon informed me it was the tornado siren.  The weather was perfectly clear, but he went inside to check the weather channel just in case.  It was the tornado siren, but luckily the bad stuff was north of us.  So, we were able to finish our egg hunting:-)


 Lyric and Cadence liked running around and finding them, but Story chose a more methodical approach.  She would stand and spot the egg and then go and get it.  If she could get there before her sisters:-)

 Each of the girls found a money egg, so we walked over to Izzie's for some Italian Ice.

 Each of the girls had watermelon.  I am not usually a fan of watermelon, but it was really good!
 Devon had the mixed berry and I had peach mango-which oddly tasted like kiwi-yum!
 Story liked her watermelon, but was not happy when she spilled it on her arm!
 Daddy and the girls played ball while they waited for Story to finish.

We all had a great Easter and I hope you did too!

No comments: