Monday, January 28, 2013

Trying Something New

Lately I have been feeling like I need a little more structure in our lives.  With me working in the afternoons, I feel like some days the girls are busy doing their thing and I'm doing my thing and we aren't really connecting.  I need a little more structure.  I discovered this schedule on Pinterest and I decided I would modify it to fit out needs.
She used this for the summer, but I thought with a little tweaking I could make it work for me.  Here is what I came up with:
* Make Something Monday- I plan to do a cooking or craft project on these days.
* Take a trip Tuesday- We will go to the library, zoo, shopping...
* Work in Progress Wednesday- We can work on ongoing projects this day.  Lyric has her blog that we rarely update, Story and I have been working on sewing a stuffed animal or the girls can start a project that they want to continue over time.
* Thinking Thursday- Research, science experiments, basically anything the girls want to work on
* Fresh and Fun Friday- I will plan for us to do something from Pinterest.  I have tons of pins that I would love for us to try

Of course, these are not the only things I will be doing on a daily basis with the girls, this list is just to give me some sort of plan.  I also, do not plan to force anyone to do anything on the list.  If I pick something for us to do and the girls don't want to do it they won't have to do it.  
I plan to start this tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes:-)

No comments: