Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Love Unschooling!

I know I've said it before, but I love Unschooling! Almost every day my kids do or say something that shows me we've made the right decision for our family.
Story NEVER uses punctuation! I think it's kind of a defiance thing for her, "You're supposed to do this - well, I'm not going to!" It drives Lyric crazy! She tells her all the time that she needs to use punctuation, but I rarely bring it up unless I'm telling her I can't read something she has written.
I recently found a Facebook page set up for homeschoolers to find pen pals.  Lyric and Story both found their first pen pal.
Story wrote her letter today.  She sat down to write it and said, "Mama, will you help me with the punctuation?  I want her to know what I'm trying to say."
There was no arguing or fighting about how important punctuation is, but when it was important to her she decided to use it:-)

No comments: