Friday, April 25, 2008

Fun WIth Rice

I saw an idea on http://www.colorfool.net/2006/12/01/rice-rice-babyand-other-weird-toys/ to color rice for the girls to play with. So, last night after they went to sleep I decided to try it out. I have some neon food coloring and it turned out really pretty. Today I moved their table onto the tile and set them up with spoons, a funnel, and a few other things to play with. They seemed to really enjoy it. Their joy lasted about 20 minutes.
When I got them all set up I said, "Try to keep it in the pan, okay guys."
They replied in unison, "Okay, mama."
Well, some of it was left in the pan...
Let's see, 10 minutes of set up plus 10 minutes of clean up equals to 20 minutes which equals the amount of time they actual played with the rice. Is it worth it?... Sure it is!
* As usual, clothing optional around here.

1 comment:

Jamielouwho said...

I love the color!

This takes me back to when Alex was that age, I did rice thing as well, and mixed letter tiles throughout and had him find the "A", or later we started in with spelling small words. Using tongs to find the letters really kept him interested and also helped with coordination.

I'm glad the girls had fun...and I'm also glad to have found your blog!