Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guadalupe Peak

Devon and I have decided to go hiking. We have been talking about going on this hike forever, but we finally put it on the calendar. On May 26 we are going to hike up to Guadalupe Peak (the highest point in Texas). I am very excited about it! We are going to leave the girls in Midland, so it will be just the two of us. I don't know if any of you have seen me lately, but I am not really in mountain climbing kind of shape!
Those rolls will prevent me from getting up that mountain. Well, maybe not prevent it, but keep me from enjoying it!
So, I have started going to the gym. I have gone the last two days. I did twenty minutes on the elliptical and the circuit both days. I go to Ladies Workout Express and it is a women's gym where they have the machines set up in a circle and it is a 30 minute workout (Circuit Training, I think is what it is called?) I really like it because I am intimidated by real gyms where you have to set the weight and decide what exercises to do. This is resistance training, so you just sit down and exercise no thought required. Well, a little thought.
So to get my mountain climbing body I have a new mantra, "What would Ali do?" Any Biggest Loser fans out there? The Biggest Loser is my favorite show and Tuesday night was the finale. Ali won and is the first female Biggest Loser. She lost a total of 112 pounds.She looked so awesome. I don't necessarily want to get as small as she is (I do have three kids, you know!), but I figure I can use her as an inspiration to get where I want to be. Although, I do love her arms! That is one thing I have always wanted is cut arms.
I was making the kids lunch on Wednesday after watching the show Tuesday night. I was heating them up some frozen nuggets that are just horrible for them (I really should stop buying them). I really wanted one (they're horrible, but good). I just thought, "Would Ali eat this nugget? Is it worth it? " I stepped away from the nugget! I know I'm a dork for putting pictures of a chick on my blog, but it inspires me, so I'm going to do it... I've got a freaking mountain to climb!

No comments: