Friday, January 23, 2009

Best Dad in the World!

My children are SO lucky to have their Daddy. I was trying to go to bed early tonight because I got up early to sub today. Miss L came in and was moving around in the bed, so I couldn't sleep. I walked into the living room and saw my nutty husband standing over the waffle iron at 9:30 at night.
I said, "What are you doing?"
He said, "Making waffles."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because SB wanted some."
"Why didn't you say, SB, we don't have any waffles?" I questioned.
He said he tried that and she begged him for waffles, so he decided to make them for her.
Now, I know you are thinking 'How sweet, What a good daddy' But he didn't just make her waffles. We didn't have any waffle mix, so he got on the computer and found a recipe for waffles, then he made her waffles from scratch at 9:30 at night. And he did the dishes! Boy, are we lucky to have him!

2 comments:

Mrs. Bailey said...

wow. what a great guy! is he for hire? :)
seriously, it has to be a daddy daughter thing . . . what a guy won't do for his little girl! :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet is that?!!!