Friday, June 10, 2011

Music Lessons

We have all kinds of instruments around here for the girls to play.  We have guitars, a mandolin, a banjo, a violin, a trombone, a keyboard, harmonicas...  I'm sure I am missing something.  The girls play around with them often, but Devon and I decided it was time he started giving them lessons.
Lyric decided she wanted to play guitar.  So, I took the little girls to the library for story time while she had her first lesson with Daddy.
 They drew a diagram and talked about the different parts of the guitar.
 She seemed to enjoy her first lesson and she learned a lot!
 
Devon was going to do Story and Cadence separately, but they both decided they wanted to play the keyboard, so they are having their lesson together.
 For the first lesson they did some coloring and clapping while they talked about the notes.
 They did really well together.
We plan to do their lessons every week.  Hopefully, I will be able to report lots of progress!

No comments: