Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm a Size 8

I have been reading the book Harmonic Wealth by James Arthur Ray. It is awesome. There is a website that accompanies the book if you want to check it out. I bought the book and Devon and I watched the movie The Secret which is also awesome, if you haven't seen it. They are both about quantum physics, The Law of Attraction and getting what you want in life. Some of the stuff is pretty far out there, but I find it very interesting! It discusses how you send waves out into the universe and the universe is responds like your genie in a bottle and says your wish is my command.
For example, the library is very busy in the summer. The girls and I go to story time every Tuesday and if there is no parking we have to park across the street. I have three kids, a huge bag of books, the diaper bag, and our bottle of water! Walking across the street is no fun! So a few weeks ago we went to the library and had to park across the street--it sucked! The next week Devon and I had just watched the movie The Secret. I visualized myself getting a front row parking space. I imagined how it would feel to drive up and get the kids and the "stuff" and just be able to walk into the library. We got to the library and right there in the front row was a parking space almost like it had our name on it and was just waiting for us! Sound like a coincidence, I know, but, wait, I have more examples... That night I went to my softball game, I kept visualizing myself making a double. I saw myself celebrating on second base and how good it would feel to be standing there on second knowing I just made a double. I got up to bat and kept visualizing it. I hit the ball and ran to first, the short stop overthrew the ball so I was able to run to second. I did it. I hit a double. It wasn't really how I had imagined it, I would have been out if the other team hadn't made and error, but I was standing on second...Crazy!
In the book it talks about when you have a goal you shouldn't think about it in the future tense. You shouldn't think, "I hope there is a good parking place when I get to the library." You should think about it in the present and how you are going to feel when you achieve that goal. So, I am a size eight. Any of you who have seen me lately can clearly see I am not a size 8, but I am telling the universe I am a size 8, so I will be! I have done a few things this week to help me towards that goal: Tuesday-I did the circuit at the gym, I rode on the bike for 20 minutes and I played softball; Wednesday-I went to the gym at 7:15 in the morning for a boot camp workout(it was bad and I am sore), and I swam with the girls in the afternoon; Today- I got up at 6:30 and swam laps at the pool (it was awesome!I loved it). The next time you see me you may not notice it, but I am a size 8!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I haven't read the book or seen the movie, but I do put into practice the Laws of Attraction from time to time. I did an experiment of sorts last month. Every day in the month of May, I told myself I would have a sale (monsters). If you go look through my sales for May from my Etsy shop, you will see I pretty much had sales almost daily. I sold 27 items on Etsy and a few on the side locally. It amounted to over 30 monsters in May. My best month ever! For June, I didn't do the same and it shows. My sales were very slow. Coincidence? Hmmm...I dunno. ;)