Thursday, June 26, 2008

Story Has a New Passion!

Story has discovered a new passion in life! Laundry! That's right ladies and gentlemen the two year old LOVES to do laundry! She asks me about twenty times a day if we can do laundry. If she gets upset about something and starts to cry all I have to say is, "Do you want to help me do laundry?" It brings her right out of her funk. She loves helping me gather it, put it in the washer and dryer and she likes to give it to me to fold. I think her favorite part is putting it in the washer. We have a routine: I put the clothes in front of the washer and she picks something up and says, "Does this go in?" I say, "Yes, that goes in." She then throws it in the washer and climbs up the side of the washer to make sure it went in. She then picks up something else and does the whole thing... "Does this go in... " She helps put about half a load of clothes in this way and then as she is leaving the room she says, "I'm tired of doing this, I don't want to help anymore." But she always returns when it is time to put them in the dryer.
She totally keeps me on top of the laundry too. I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to take a load out of the dryer and leave it sitting there until someone needs something out of it or I want to watch Oprah and use folding clothes as an excuse to sit down and watch it. Not with Story around. As soon as we take them out of the dryer she says, "Let's go fold them now."
We have a little game that we play when we are folding them. It's pretty silly, but she likes it. She picks up something of hers and says, "Here you fold Daddy's shorts." and I will say, "Daddy looks so pretty when he wears these shorts." Or she will pick up my panties and say, "I better put my panties on," and then she tries them on. It is really cute!
I don't know how long this little obsession is going to last, but I am going to enjoy the help while I have it (even if it does take twice as long with her help!).
Just checking to make sure it went in (I don't really know where it may have gone, but you never know). Taking clothes out of the dryer. Those two year old arms aren't very long, so it takes the whole body. Getting ready to fold.
* As always clothing optional around here--even when doing the laundry.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks like she loses clothes as she launders as well! She started with a shirt on!! What a helper! And what a patient Mom! This mom is sadly not into helpers!! I need to make room for my lil J helpers I know!