Monday, August 18, 2008

B is for Butterfly

The girls wanted to work on their lapbook today, so we worked on Letter B book. Lyric did some coloring and cutting, but lost interest and went in her room to play. Story LOVED it! She colored, cut and glued! I have about 20 pictures of her working because every couple of minutes she would say, "Take my picture doing this... Take my picture doing this..."
After she finished her Letter B book she stamped some letter Bs onto a piece of purple(her favorite) construction paper.
It is really interesting to see how she colors compared to Lyric. Lyric used one color for each object and went way outside the lines. Story used many, many colors on each object and mostly stayed in the lines. I wonder if it is skill? Story's younger so you would think Lyric would be better... or is it just the want to do it? Story is much more into coloring than Lyric. It will be interesting to watch how their coloring "skills" develop as they get older. It could just be that Lyric takes after me. I have never been good at coloring and it is something I don't really enjoy. I will color with the girls when they ask me to, but I just really don't like doing it, maybe it is because I'm not very good at it:-)

No comments: