Sunday, August 10, 2008

Puffs and Pretzels Haystacks...YUM!

Devon and I have sort of been on this Kashi diet for the last two weeks or so. We pretty much only eat Kashi cereal and a protein for every meal. That is unless we go out to eat which we have done way too often, so I don't know how much of a "diet" we are really on. I will tell you one thing we have discovered though, Super Target has the best selection of Kashi products!
The other day we bought a box of 7 Whole Grain Puffs with a recipe on the side of the box. So, today the girls and I decided to try it... Well, they kind of helped, they bailed on me in the middle of cooking. Story later came back into the kitchen and said, "Are we still cooking or what?" Anyway I thought I would post the recipe:
Puffs and Pretzels Haystacks
3 1/2 c Kashi Puffs Cereal
1 c shredded coconut (we left this out because my family doesn't like it-I know they are weirdos!)
1 c broken pretzel sticks (3/4 inch pieces)
2/3 c coarsely chopped almonds
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c smooth natural almond butter
2/3 c cranberries
In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, coconut, pretzels, almonds, and cranberries. Microwave the chocolate chips in 20 second intervals until melted. Add the almond butter for the last 20 seconds then stir until smooth. Pour melted mixture over cereal mixture and mix well. Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper. Refrigerate until firm.
You can go to the Kashi website for nutritional information, but I am sure they are not too bad for you after all they are made with Kashi:-)
The girls really liked them!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

We love kashi here! Buy lots of cereal, tried some frozen meals... Both good. I love that Super Target carries them so heavily! I didn't like the soft strawberry breakfast bar tho......