Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Butterflies in Watercolors

I found a free lapbook about butterflies and the girls said they would like to do it. So, we checked out some butterfly books from the library and today we painted a butterfly for the cover. Lyric decided to dress like a cowgirl for the occasion. Not sure why? Maybe it was because she insisted we listen to Kenny Chesney while they painted. Cadence watched on while enjoying a cracker. I tried to get her to show off her new teeth, but only captured the chewed up cracker.
The girls are with Mimi J tonight, so I am going to do a little "planning" on our lapbook. I will be sure to post our progress.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Where did you find this info? Is it a website with a guide to follow? We are VERY into butterflies, and I've been wanting to try a lapbook. Oh-and if you need a good book, we have The Butterfly Alphabet Book, by Jerry Pollata (sp). It's VERY good!