Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chocolate Cake--YUM!

Devon had to work today. So I decided the girls and I would do some baking. I bought some unsweetened chocolate squares awhile back, but never used them. So, I got on the internet and found a couple of recipes to let the girls choose from: chocolate cake, chocolate sugar cookies, or brownies. I really wanted to make the chocolate sugar cookies because I don't ever remember having chocolate sugar cookies, but they chose the chocolate cake-- chocolate is chocolate does it really matter what it is in?

Story Bell loves the mixer!I am the only one in the family who eats pecans, so we only put them on part of it. (I know they are crazy- none of them like nuts!)Lyric gave it two thumbs up.Story was too busy eating to give her rating. I guess that means she liked it!Cadence enjoyed it. If you look closely at her shirt you can see she even decided to save some for later. The cake is gone. Get me out of this seat! Get me out NOW!The chocolate cake was yummy and we still have some of those squares left, so maybe we will make the chocolate sugar cookies next;-)

No comments: