Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Muffin Tin

Sycamore Stirrings is holding a Halloween challenge Muffin Tin Monday, so of course we had to participate! We have a play date planned for Monday, so we decided to have our tin today.

From left to right: cat "chip", mummy dog, mummy dog, cat "chip", monster mouth, ghost "chip", cupcake, cupcake, ghost "chip", monster mouth, monster eyes, moon "chip", monster brains, monster brains, moon "chip", monster eyes

Here is a close up of the monster brains. Just a tomato with a string cheese face under the face were his "brains", avocado.

I saw the mummy dogs over on Picky Palate. Daddy actually made them. It took him a while, but the girls liked them. I think he would consider it worth the trouble.The monster mouths were also from Picky Palate. Hers were much cuter than mine, but man they were good! There is nothing like a Granny Smith apple with peanut butter! Throw in a few marshmallows and that just makes it better.Story helped me with the "chips". They are just tortillas cut out with cookie cutters. We brushed both sides with olive oil and baked them until they were crisp. Once done we sprinkled them with a little salt. They were really good.

The girls enjoyed their muffin tin. It was nice outside, so we all ate outside together. They were a little disappointed that Daddy and I didn't have muffin tins. We did have mummy dogs, I guess next time we will have to put it in a tin!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Awesome! I missed last Monday because my sis decided to have her baby...how dare she! lol! And I missed this Monday because...well, I'm to busy to know what day it is, I guess! We'll get it soon!

Dee Light said...

So cute!! You made a great lunch, I would never have thought of tomato jack-o-lanterns.

Anonymous said...

What a great lunch..! Nice job… Happy Halloween.