Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finger Puppets

Mimi J bought the girls a finger puppet kit to make for Halloween. We made a few today. As you can see on the package there are pictures of what is included and the way the puppets should look. So, we had a few witches, a couple of pumpkins, some ghosts and a pirate. Yes, I know there is no pirate on the box, but Lyric decided she was going to make a pirate. She used the patch for Frankenstein's clothes on his eye, she used the devil's pitchfork for his oar and the pumpkin's head for his boat. I think it is great that she likes to do her own thing and not necessarily do things "the right way", but I will say that is one of the reasons high on the list of Reasons I Plan to Homeschool! I can not imagine telling that child, "But your teacher said you should do it this way." That would be a fight waiting to happen.
And then there is my little Story Bell. If you look closely at our little group finger puppet photo you will see a ghost with his head on backwards. I said, "Story, you know his head should go on the other way, right?" Her response, "I like it that way." This is the same child who wears her shoes on the wrong feet because, "I like them that way." Here is another typical conversation with Story:
Story-"I want to wear this yellow shirt today."
Me-"Okay, but that is an orange shirt."
Story-"How 'bout you call it orange and I will call it yellow-okay?"
Me-"Okay, Story I think that 'yellow' shirt is a great choice."
The puppets may not look just like the ones on the box, but they worked really hard and we are going to have lots of fun with them!

No comments: