Saturday, April 18, 2009

How Old Are You?

You know you have too many children when you forget how old one of them is! The girls wanted a muffin tin today, so I decided to use the cookie cutters and do their age for their sandwich. I cut out a four, a three, and a one. I filled the muffin tin with the sandwiches and other goodies. I took it over and set it down (I was feeling pretty proud. I haven't used the cookie cutters in a while, so I thought I had done something pretty special.) I set the muffin tin down and said, "Okay, it is for you guys to share, but you eat the sandwich that is your age."
Lyric looked up at me and said, "Mama, there isn't a five on here."
I just looked at the poor kid like she had two heads, I was so confused. She just stood up and hugged me and said, "I will always be your baby."
I really did forget how old my child was!
That is worse than when my mom forgot my 30th birthday!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Girl, I can barely remember their names, never mind their ages!!

Mrs. Bailey said...

ha! i am so with you! seriously, i am lucky to get them all out of the house with clothes on somedays! :)
i LOVED catching up on your blog the other day . . . you are sooooo good about keeping up with everything! wow! mom of the year! :) you have such a wonderful fmaily! thanks for sharing all your cute stories!