Saturday, April 11, 2009

We're Still Here!

I know I haven't posted in forever, but I have just been lazy! I would like to say that I have been too busy, but I haven't been any busier than normal... just no desire to post. So, this is going to be a catch-up post to let you know what we have been up to so far this month... The month started off with April Fool's day. I just had to get the girls even though they had no idea what April Fool's Day was:-) I won't go into a lot of detail because this is probably going to be a long post, but I will say it involved blue oatmeal and pink milk in cereal. We had an Easter egg hunt with our playgroup. We signed up to bring cupcakes. The girls and I had a good time baking them. The egg hunt was a lot of fun. Cadence was more into it than I thought she would be. We also decorated cupcakes ate lots of snacks and visited with our friends. We took the girls to The Dinosaur Park one weekend this month. We had never even heard of this place until I happened to stumble onto their website. We packed a picnic and spent a good park of the day, it was a lot of fun!
My favorite part of the dinosaur park was the HUGE snake we saw while we were hiking through the dinosaurs. Devon estimated it was 4 foot, but I think it was longer. We all really enjoyed watching it!
There happened to be an exotic pet store at the dinosaur park the day we were there. They brought animals for the kids to see and play with.
Daddy got friendly with the snake. Cadence wasn't scared of it, but I don't think she ever touched it.
Lyric loved the snakes! She liked petting them and holding them.
We had our picnic.
After lunch Miss Lyric rode the tortoise. Story Bell touched his leg, but she didn't want to ride him. Baby Cadence wanted no part of him!Cadence didn't care too much for the animals, but she did like the playground! She wanted to swing, "Gin, gin!" (again, again).Story Bell was hot and tired when we were leaving so Daddy helped her strip down to her panties, but by the time we got home she had somehow gotten out of them while in her car seat.The Sunday after the dinosaur park the girls and I went to the park and flew the kite by ourselves. This was a first, so I was pretty impressed! We started out kind of rough! Story got tangled in the string and Cadence almost got her head pulled off by the string, but after those few rough moments we did okay! We did manage to get it stuck in a tree, but I was able to get it out.Monday morning after our kite flying adventure we had a little squirrel excitement around our house. The girls and I made pine cone bird feeders a couple of weeks ago. Story Bell looked out the dining room window and saw this:

That's right it is a squirrel hanging from a branch eating bird seed off the pine cone. So cute!

Well, that's it in a nut shell. I can't think of anything else that we have done lately. There was more, but either I didn't get any pictures of it so I forgot or it wasn't very exciting!

No comments: