Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Release of the Worms

We had a playdate at our house last week. It was a science playdate for the four year olds. I thought it would be fun to make wormeries with the kiddos. I was really surprised that most of the kids didn't want to touch the worms. I think Lyric was the only one who actually liked them. J and D, our playdate friends, were not too excited about the worms, but I think they both may have touched one by the end of the playdate.
I am not sure what J was thinking here. She was probably wondering why Lyric would want to touch the nasty worms!
We measured the worms, looked at them with a magnifying glass, and then made them homes with a coke bottle and dirt. Today we decided to let them go in the backyard. Lyric had to play with them for a while before she let them go because she just "loves" them. I asked Story if she wanted to hold one before we let them go, but she said, "No, thank you." She just watched.

This picture of Cadence was taken at the playdate and I only included it because it was so darn cute! Thanks J for sharing your pictures, it was hard for me to get too many with worms all over my hands!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hope the worms enjoy their new home! That Lyric is an amazing gal! :-)