Friday, July 18, 2008

WHAT?

The girls discovered a plastic bag in a tree in the backyard. They decided they wanted to climb the tree to get the bag down. For three days when we went in the backyard they would attempt to climb the tree to get the bag down. I knew there was no way they were going to be able to get up the tree, so I just let them try. When they would ask me for help I would tell them I wasn't sure how they could climb it we would have to ask Daddy for help.
Let me give you a little background on Daddy, he i afraid of heights! He doesn't like high places at all! I had to hang up part of our Christmas lights because he couldn't climb up to the top of the ladder. So last night, we are all outside and Lyric starts in about this bag in the tree and how she wants to climb the tree to get it down. What my husband was thinking is beyond me!!! The next thing I know this is what I see... I could not believe my husband who is afraid to climb this tree is helping my four year old in it! He really thought she was going to chicken out, so he decided to help her climb it because he didn't think she would. Well, we learned a little something about Miss Lyric, she did not take after her Daddy in the heights department! She was determined to climb that tree and get the bag down! Here is where they were contemplating what to do next and Daddy just knew she was going to change her mind... she didn't. Here is where he was having to physically force her to get down. She was crushed that she couldn't get the bag down. I don't know if I should tell what happened next... Daddy decided he was going to get the bag out of the tree so Lyric would be happy. I will just tell you it involved two buckets, two balls, a rock and lots of throwing... the bag is still in the tree along with a few other things:-)

1 comment:

DivorcedMom said...

I'm so glad to see this post! I wanted a picture of the tree with all it's interesting fruit, though! I wish I had seen it on Saturday!