Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Today was my birthday and I had a fun day with the family! Last week Devon and I went out to celebrate with no children (thanks, Grammy and Mimi J!). We went to The Melting Pot. I had only been there for ladies night and Devon had never been, so we really enjoyed the experience. If you have never been you should definitely check it out!
First of all, I must tell you about the best birthday present ever! Devon gave me a CD of the girls singing me Happy Birthday and telling me why they love me so much. I cried when I heard it! He was even able to get Cadence to talk on it. Did you guys know I have an awesome husband? I complain about him sometimes, but he really does rock!
Today I wanted to go to the Farmer's Market downtown because we had never been. It was a lot of fun! We didn't really buy much, but it was fun just walking around and seeing all of the people and food. Mr. Johnny was set up and singing to the kids. He was having an open mic where the kids could go up and sing while he played the guitar or piano. We tried to get Lyric to go up, but she was being shy. He started singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and we told Story to go up and sing. She went up and sang Stinkle Stinkle Little Skunky by Lucas Miller. It is sang to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle. It was hilarious! My mom got it on video. I will see if I can figure out how to add it here. Too cute!
When we left the Farmer's Market we decided to go eat at Shady Grove. Yum! I had the BLT and an order of onion rings. The BLT was really good, but I couldn't eat the onion rings. They just tasted too fried. I think my body was rejecting them because I went swimming this morning and my body knows it isn't going to be that size eight (see previous post) eating too much junk. Although it didn't reject the BLT or the milk shake the girls and I shared...hm... maybe since it was my birthday I was allowed a little junk:-) We all posed for some pictures while waiting for the food. Some of us more willing than others:-)
When we got home Grammy and Lyric gave me a Sopapia Cheesecake they made. My body did allow some of that too, and boy am I glad it did. WOW!
In the afternoon we got rid of some junk! We have had these two boxes sitting in a corner in our bedroom for about a year now. We finally decided to declutter and get rid of most of the stuff in them. It is so nice seeing the empty corner now!
I had a great 34th birthday!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Glad you had a good day! Happy Birthday again! Hope to see that video! I am gonna look up that Lucas Miller song!!