Thursday, September 11, 2008

Arroz Con Leche

We started our Letter A lapbook this week. I thought we could make an apple pie and include pictures or the recipe or something in our lapbook. Lyric had different ideas. She likes to play on PBS on the computer and she printed a recipe from Buster the other day for Arroz Con Leche. I saw the recipe and said, "Oh, Arroz Con Leche." totally not making the connection. She said, "Mama, this starts with an A we can make it for our lapbook." Oh, okay. I have to be honest I was really looking forward to the apple pie.
So, last night we made it. It really did not turn out very good. The rice was still hard and all of the liquid wasn't absorbed like the recipe said it would be. We made it in the microwave, which I have never made rice in the microwave, so that may have been the problem.Lyric acted like she liked it, but I don't know if she really did. Lyric said, "Story you like it, right?" Story shook her head and said, "No." Maybe we will get to try the apple pie after all.

No comments: