Thursday, September 4, 2008

Should Have Known Better!

I watched the weather this morning and Zack Shields said it was going to be a picturesque day. So, I had the great idea of walking to the park. Cadence has her new ride and the girls could ride their bikes. What fun! We would walk to the park, play a while and walk back. We set out on our walk and on our street to the left their were mowers, so we decided to turn right. No big deal, a little longer to get to the park, but it was a picturesque day we could make it.
The first problem was I didn't take any water. What was I thinking? I was just picturing us taking a quick walk to the park, playing a few minutes and walking back. You don't do anything quick when you have three children with you! I have been a mom for almost five years I know you need water when you do outside activities. Why I chose not to take any is beyond me.
The next problem was Story can't make it to the park on her tricycle. She barely made it to the mailbox the other day what made me think she could make it to the park? I ended up carrying her tricycle part of the way while she walked. She wanted me to carry her, but I told her there was no way I could carry her and her tricycle and push Cadence. She was a trooper. We eventually made it to the park!
The girls were pretty thirsty when we got there but were able to find enough energy to play. Cadence loved crawling through the tubes.
Lyric had fun playing in the tubes with Cadence.
Cadence also enjoyed sitting at the top of the slide, but she didn't care too much for actually going down.
Story had fun just "hanging around".We didn't play long because we were all dying of thirst, so we decided to head home. We weren't even out of the parking lot when I decided it just wasn't going to work with Story on her bike. I asked it it would be okay if we left her bike in the bushes by the road and we would come back in the van and pick it up. Story agreed to that and so I put her on my shoulders and we headed home. Just a few minutes later Lyric decided she needed to leave her bike and walk. We put her bike in the bushes and continued on our journey. I really didn't know if we were going to make it! Our house is not that far from the park, but it seemed like it was miles and miles! We eventually made it home and all drank quite a bit. Lyric tried to convince me to let her stay home while I went to retrieve the bikes, but eventually she agreed to go!
Lessons learned from this little excursion: 1. Never leave home with out your water 2. When Zack Shields says it is going to be a picturesque day remember you live in Texas and it is still going to be HOT! 3. It is a lot easier to drive to the park than walk!

No comments: