Saturday, September 6, 2008

Party Time/ Let's Get Naked!

Before you start looking for the naked pictures I must say there was only one hiney shown at the party. A few almost naked people, but only one completely naked ;-)
We had Cadence's First Birthday this weekend at Berry Springs park in Georgetown.
We really didn't want to have a party, but Grammy insisted that it wasn't fair for Lyric and Story to have a First Birthday Party and not Cadence, so we had a party.
We decided to send the invitation out as a You Tube video.
Cadence likes dogs, so we did a puppy theme. I made the cupcakes from a recipe I found on All Recipes. The girls and I made and decorated sugar cookies for goodie bags. It was a pretty small party. Mostly family and a few friends.
The kiddos were a little scared feeding the donkeys, but the donkeys sure enjoyed the carrots.
Baby Zayden was cute as always and Story had to get some of that lovin'. She was gentle with him as usual.

The kiddos enjoyed playing on the playscape and Cadence enjoyed riding around in the wagon.Our first half naked baby at the party was Cadence. We stripped her down to her diaper, so she could have a cupcake.She liked the cupcake (mostly the icing), but she hardly used her hands. She just leaned over and tried to bite it.She didn't get nearly as messy as her sisters did at their first birthdays, it is a lot cleaner when just use your mouth!Baby Zayden was the next one to strip the clothing! And he went all out! Aunt Krisitn was changing his diaper and I couldn't pass up a hiney shot!He isn't much smaller than Cadence and he is six months younger. That boy is big!I know this is going to shock you all, but the next person to shed their clothes was my little Story Bell. She decided to wear long underwear pants and a long underwear shirt to the party. I tried to convince her not to wear it because it was going to be 90 degrees, but she insisted. She is two, I am not going to fight with her about what she is wearing, I just packed some shorts for when she got hot. Well, she did get hot and decide to shed the clothes, but she didn't want the shorts I packed.She did put on her hiking boots before joining the others at the playscape.I think Miss Cadence enjoyed her party. I'm not real sure if she knew it was "her" party, but she had fun none the less.

As for Devon and I we are happy to announce that was the last birthday party we are giving! Well, unless our children really want one. We are going to try to convince them to do something fun as a family rather than a party. We have until December to convince Story that she doesn't want another Pancake Party. Wish us luck! What would be fun for a three year old in December?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, Christy! The video is beautiful! HOW did you do it?? I was tearing up through the whole thing. How special!

Christy said...

Devon made it. I am glad you liked it. When I watch it I can't believe how much Lyric and Story have changed in a year!