Monday, September 1, 2008

My Baby is Going to be One!

Miss Cadence Arabella is having a birthday on Wednesday, so that has got me thinking about the pregnancy and her birth. Why does it all go by so fast? It seems like the nine months of the pregnancy takes forever and once they are here time just flies! I thought I would share how we found out we were pregnant. So, here it goes... January of 2007 my gym was having a skinny jeans contest. You could take a pair of your "skinny" jeans and hang them on the wall as an incentive to workout and be able to fit in them. I didn't have any skinny jeans that I liked, so Ashlee, the girls and I all went shopping for new jeans. I found a pair I liked that I could almost fit into, so I bought them and was planning to hang them on the wall of the gym the next day. That night I just didn't feel "right" I told Devon that I think I might be pregnant. He said he didn't think I was, but would get a test if I wanted. Devon went out and bought a pregnancy test just in case (he knew it was going to be negative). I took the test and it was positive. Well, of course we had to do another test. We couldn't trust just one! (Always buy the double pack!) We headed back out to the store for a second test and it was also positive. We were so excited. We had talked about not having any more kiddos after Lyric and Story, but I just didn't feel like we were "done". I always wanted at least one more! It was a very exciting time, and yes I returned the "skinny" jeans!

No comments: