Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bean Plants

I checked out a gardening book from the library this week, and the girls and I decided to try one of the activities from the book. You wet a paper towel and put a bean in it and place it inside a ziplock bag. Then you can watch the bean sprout and grow roots. I bought one of those 15 bean soup mixes, so we had lots of different beans to choose from.
Miss Lyric was really concentrating on wetting her paper towel.Here is a picture of the first bean she put in. Cadence had a really good time crawling around on the table knocking all the beans onto the floor! Story Bell aren't you glad we homeschool? You can do science naked!Cadence was even able to squirt her paper towel.Squirting that paper towel is hard work...Water break.After we were done "planting" our beans I invited the girls to make some bean pictures with me. Lyric was the only one who took me up on the offer. She made a heart for Daddy.
I made some clouds with a flower. I had a lot more planned out for my picture. I was going to add a bird made out of black beans and maybe a couple of more flowers, but when Lyric lost interest I figured I had better things to do than work on a bean picture. I have to admit I was a little disappointed I didn't get to finish. I will be sure and post pictures if I get the chance to work on it again:-)

No comments: