Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Green Acres is the Place to Be...

Okay, we don't really have green acres over here.  For one, we don't have acres and two everything isn't so green.  But, didn't you just love that show?  I did! 
Anyway, I just wanted to post about all of the wonderful things we've got growing over here.
We have picked a few handfuls of tomatoes:-) 
Baby Cadence checking it out to see what we should pick.
We found a few.
We also have a huge beautiful sunflower and a few smaller ones about to open.
They are really pretty, but man are they thirsty!  I don't think we are going to be able to afford to keep them watered this summer!
Baby Cadence had a cup of water and was trying to give the sunflowers a drink.  She would dip the leaves in the water.  She's a smart girl.  She could tell those leaves looked thirsty!
Daddy checking out the jalapeno pants.
Miss Lyric and Cadence helping him do some picking.
Showing off their peppers.
The girls and I put an avocado seed in a jar a while back.  I don't remember when.  It is really growing. 
We really need to transport it to a pot, but I am a little scared.  I don't want it to die.  Does anyone know anything about growing avocados?  We would love some advice:-)
Well, there you have it.  We have some okra coming up, but it isn't ready to pick yet.  I will keep you posted.

No comments: